Electrical Cabinets are prone to fire risk. It can generate the energy required for the ignition. And It provides the combustible material needed for the spreading of the fire. Fires originating in the electric system account for a relatively large proportion of the total number of fires.
Causes of Fire:
- A short circuit. This is a rare occurrence on an electric installation conforming to standards, since the safety devices (circuit breakers or fuses) will be immediately triggered.
- A surcharge. In this instance, the conductors heat up, without the safety devices being triggered.
- A contact resistance, with heating occurring between two elements, causing electric arcing.
- With our DIRECT-Fire Suppression system, you will get a starting fire in the electrical cabinet, under control in no time.
STARAXIOM provides a self-activating standalone fire suppressing system that detects and suppresses a fire inside of the Electrical Cabinet. The system will discharge a “clean” fire-suppressing agent, such as Novec 1230, which is delivered as a colorless, odorless gas that leaves no residue and requires no cleanup. This clean agents are non-conductive, non-corrosive, and people safe – they are ideal for protecting your mission critical Electrical Cabinets.
Advantages of Electrical Cabinet Fire Suppression:
- Fast, reliable fire protection without the damaging side-effects of water
- Suppresses a fire in seconds, reducing equipment damage and downtime
- Easy to install in any new or existing server rack or closet and requires no power to operate
- Clean suppression agents require no post-discharge cleanup
- Will not harm people, equipment or the environment
- System options expand peripheral capabilities
- Clean agents will not harm electronic equipment or magnetic media and are OK to use on energized equipment
- Does not interfere with installation or maintenance of equipment